Vacuuming the pool

eqbob

Jul 25, 2012
Central Texas
So I have a confession to make. I have never 'vacuumed' the pool. Ever.

Now...the mouse does run 3 hours a day and that generally keeps it spotless except for maybe a stray piece of leaf or mulch here and there. Those are always easier to just pick up with fingers and toss out when in the pool.

I was just curious as to how common the need to NOT vacuum is? I don't even have a vacuum hose for the pool.

Hey...Partly because we have a automatic cover but Skippy and I have abbreviated our vacuuming to just using a PoolBlaster Max vac when we need to pick up schmutz from the pool. Mostly centepedes-ugh! Our water is so clear if you don't pick up the schmutz it stands out like a sore thumb.
We'll use that to tidy up the pool almost daily...five minutes of time zip-zap! we're done! Sure beats dragging out that heavy big hose set!

We're more conscientious about brushing and Skippy does that while in the water. Makes him feel useful, y'know? :super:

Yippee :flower:

So I have a confession to make. I have never 'vacuumed' the pool. Ever.

Now...the mouse does run 3 hours a day and that generally keeps it spotless except for maybe a stray piece of leaf or mulch here and there. Those are always easier to just pick up with fingers and toss out when in the pool.

I was just curious as to how common the need to NOT vacuum is? I don't even have a vacuum hose for the pool.

Oh man you don't know what you are missing, it is sooooooo much fun ! ! !

:rendeer:

I haven't vacuumed my pool for years although the folks that open the pool do an initial vacuuming when the pool is opened in May of each year. I have Kreepy Krawly that I put in for about 1-2 days per week and I will often dive in and manually vac using the hose detached from the KK.

I'll confess one further and say not only do I not manually vacuum, rarely do I brush it either. The auto vac runs at least every other day and sometimes a little more often, depending on what falls from the pecan tree. I do check the walls when I'm testing and they always squeak so I'm good.

:lovetfp:

I manually vacuum because I am too cheap/broke to buy anything better. However on a good note I did manage to pay-off my pool last year. :)

That must be a great feeling!

I hate vacuuming the pool. It is like Lucy and Ethel meet the pool. I am such a klutz getting everything coordinated to work. My robot is a bust and I am waiting on Maytronics to pick it up and send me a new one. My Pool Blaster died and I am waiting on them to send it back to me so I have no choice but to drag the stupid vac out. On a positive note though I finally learned how to use it correctly.

ok. Thanks for all the responses! So I guess I'm not the only one in this situation. Good to know. I also do not "have" to brush. I do occasionally, but not because I see anything. The only metal in the pool is the light and the screws for the main drains and the overflow grate. KK runs 3 hours per day just zipping along and having a good time, so I let it do its thing. I always check the metal that I see when I'm swimming laps.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.