Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool pics !!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool pics !!!

When did I join TFP ?!?! Almost 2 years ago ! Followed all advice and did I read everything 3 times. Yup. I sure did. Very proud of myself.

Only issues I have are my CH is crazy high, I do live in the Las Vegas Valley though. Only thing I need to read more of is this CSI thing. Very confusing to me. Water seems to be salty tasting this year too. lol

Here are some pics and no algae in the pool since I joined which is good cause my water is usually 85-90 degrees all summer, thanks to solar system. Pics are so clear you can see the palm tree shadows as the sun is going down.

Edit: need to redo my cool decking after 12 years and minor grout issues around the hot tub.

Anyone in town who can recommend someone who can do this work please PM me.
    12k gal Gunite/Hayward filter C5520BH with quad 33 inch filters. 2.5 hp motor. Pool is on south side, so full sun light. Spill over spa.
    Laar's heater LT250-Low NOx Gas Fired for pool/spa 250,000 BTU. Roof mount 6 panel solar system installed east/south. TF-100 test kit. May-September 100+ degrees out side.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool pics !!!

Nice looking water! You will likely find a number of threads and articles with no particular "agreement" on the issue of CSI (and/or LSI). *Personally* I find it (them) to be a useful indicator of trends in the pool water, looking across more than one parameter at t time. The key to TFP however is still understanding the recommended levels and how the individual parameters work together with the specifics of your pool, and in the case of problem situations, what to attack first.
    Central TX / 12K GAL / IG / SWG / DE filter / Pentair SVRS & 3 swim jet pumps / Spa bench and jets / Single body of water / No heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Nice pool! Good job on that!

Have you noticed the CSI section of Poolmath? Enter all your numbers in the now column and it will give you your CSI. Then you can tweak the goal number for PH to see how it affects your CSI score. You can tweak other numbers too but PH is the easiest to adjust.

More on CSI here
    Pool School - Calcium Scaling
    Langelier and Calcite Saturation Indices (LSI and CSI)
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks everyone
    12k gal Gunite/Hayward filter C5520BH with quad 33 inch filters. 2.5 hp motor. Pool is on south side, so full sun light. Spill over spa.
    Laar's heater LT250-Low NOx Gas Fired for pool/spa 250,000 BTU. Roof mount 6 panel solar system installed east/south. TF-100 test kit. May-September 100+ degrees out side.

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah, that water looks very nice..... TFP nice.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!