Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 9300 dead--going old school

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 9300 dead--going old school

our 2yr old Polaris 9300 Sport has died--or at least one of the wheel driver motors (yeah, I took it apart). Manufacturer no longer makes them and there is no replacement. Would have to buy a whole new motor unit for big $$$. For about $100 or less I can get a vacuum head and hose and go "old school", which is the direction I'm going to go in.

BUT, one of the things I did like about the little robot was that the dirt/debris didn't end up in the main filter. I've just started looking but I would think someone, somewhere would have come up with something that would catch the crud being sucked up BEFORE it hit the pump and the filter. Something that would fit into the skimmer or before it and "pre-filter" letting only the really fine particles get sucked into the main filter.

Anyone know of such an animal? Not even sure of what to google for.

TIA

Bill W
    12,500gal, inground gunite with iAqualink controls, Jandy variable-speed pump, and no longer using the Pentair chlorinator. Using Trouble-free for over a month and loving it!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Polaris 9300 dead--going old school

Pentair R211084
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Polaris 9300 dead--going old school

Thanks!
    12,500gal, inground gunite with iAqualink controls, Jandy variable-speed pump, and no longer using the Pentair chlorinator. Using Trouble-free for over a month and loving it!