Toronto, ON
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I have a Jandy Lite 2 heater that is about 8 years old. I am getting this fault on it. I checked the two fuses and one of them was blown so I replaced it and the heater worked fine for a day. A day later the problem came back with another blown fuse. I replaced that as well but now it doesn't light at all.

I removed the hot surface igniter and it appears to be broken as it should look like this:
R0367100-2.jpg

But mine looks like this:
BZl1KVo9kdnYqFp5qeBwwaehNfAKcqwhpHx1t_GmGM_O=w1104-h828-no

Could that have caused the problem(s) with the blown fuse?

I have ordered a new igniter from Amazon so I will replace it when it arrives.

Is there any reason why there are two fuses - one is inline with either wire. Shouldn't one fuse do the trick? And does the polarity of the wires matter, and/or does it matter if I switch the ends of the inline fuse holders? In other words there are two fuses with the same black holder. Let's say that the wires connecting Fuse 1 are wires A and B and the wires connecting Fuse 2 are wires C and D. Would it matter if I somehow switched them and connected wire A to C instead of B?

I looked in one of my manuals and yes there are two fuses apparently for the ignitor. I've never seen two though.

Hey that pressure switch doesn't look good.

The pressure switch was leaking quite a bit in the past. I had to unscrew it and put Teflon tape on the threads. And that explains the rest of the corrosion - I don't imagine the salt in the pool water helps either.

I replaced the HSI with one that I bought on Amazon and all looks good for now. There is a Youtube video on how to do this where the guy took out the entire burner to replace the HSI - although his Lite 2 looks a bit different from mine. All I had to do was unscrew one 1/4" screw which was fairly accessible that held the HSI in, unplug the two spade connectors and it was out.

Are these heaters made by Jandy or Laars? Or are they made for Jandy by Laars?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.