Wall Trouble

Hi everyone! I've been lurking on this site for over a year and we finally decided to get a pool. After a long summer of waiting, the project is just getting started. We are going with a 18x36 4'-6' deep steel wall, vinyl liner pool. The excavation was done in a day. Next day they started to set the walls when a torrential rain storm rolled in. The hopper had 2' of water in it. Needless to say, we are still waiting for it to dry out so they can level, plumb and pin the walls in preparation for the concrete collar. Now on to the problem. As I was looking around, or as my wife would say inspecting their work, I noticed most of the wall panels on the slope and deep end are barley sitting on the virgin soil shelf. Some only have 2" or less of the panel resting on it. I am sure some of it washed out during the rain storm, but I also think it was over dug. I expressed my concern to the owner and showed him pictures and he assured me it would be fine. I asked him to meet me tomorrow morning at my home to better explain what is going to be done so the walls don't sink. I would like to get some advice from the pros as to what an appropriate fix is and if this is common. Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the forum. :wave: That's shaky looking, isn't it? Very few pool builders here so no real expert opinions. I'll bet he shores it up before he pours the collar and it will be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.