Pool Volume

Jul 15, 2015
shelter island,ny
Hi

I'm trying to figure out the volume of my in-ground rectangular pool with the dimensions

36'L
18'W
8' on the deep end
3' on the shallow
The issue is it has a gentle slope from the shallow to deep end but steep sloping sides (3) on the deep end.
It also has a small bump out with steps to walk down into the pool.

The formula I found online for sloping sides was L x W x average depth x.85 (to account for the slope). Does this sound reasonable? Do I add on for the steps? Does this not matter that much? I'm guessing 27,000 gallons.

New house and I'm taking over care of the pool with a salt water chlorine generator. I've gotten the salinity up to the proper range now I've found the cyanuric acid to be about 10! 70-80 is a long way away.

Thanks

Here is what we use. I am also going to add some info in a min.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

A 18' wide by 36' long by 5' deep pool holds 24,200 gals.
If the depth varies, use the average depth of the pool. A good approximation is the shallow end depth plus the deep end depth divided by two. Irregularly shaped pools can be approximated by estimating the average length and width and using rectangular

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing we can do it this.............

Using 24,200 gals as your gals. test your FC. Using Pool Math see how much chlorine it says it will take to get your FC up 2 ppm higher than you just tested.

If your FC does not go up 2 ppm you know you need to adjust your gals slightly. The same for if it goes up more than it should have.

Kim

Hi

I'm trying to figure out the volume of my in-ground rectangular pool with the dimensions

36'L
18'W
8' on the deep end
3' on the shallow
The issue is it has a gentle slope from the shallow to deep end but steep sloping sides (3) on the deep end.
It also has a small bump out with steps to walk down into the pool.

The formula I found online for sloping sides was L x W x average depth x.85 (to account for the slope). Does this sound reasonable? Do I add on for the steps? Does this not matter that much? I'm guessing 27,000 gallons.

New house and I'm taking over care of the pool with a salt water chlorine generator. I've gotten the salinity up to the proper range now I've found the cyanuric acid to be about 10! 70-80 is a long way away.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.