New Build In Simi Valley

Aug 3, 2015
Simi Valley, CA
We have been working with our pool builder for about two months now to get our pool and backyard design and now we are finally starting. Friday was the first day of demo but it was more of a set up day for the demo crew. Here are some pictures of the design and the yard before demo. I like everyone else on this forum have learned so much from the great people here. I am very excited to get this pool built just so I can use the TFP method. I will keep you updated as we move forward and look for help when we run into issues (I hope there are none).

Attachments

• IMG_3645.jpg
    IMG_3645.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 867
  • IMG_3636.jpg
    IMG_3636.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 863
Welcome to TFP!

If you plan to follow our methods you can have the builder leave out the Nature2 or don't add mineral packs to it. Do a quick search on Nature2 here and you will find they are nothing more than a higher priced puck dispenser with added copper. If you are having water problems in your area one thing you don't want is the copper from the mineral pack or the stabilizer/CYA from the chlorine Nature2 uses.

Hi Tim. Thanks from all the reading I have done on the site my plan right now is to have them install but I won't use it. I will probably use the chlorine side for when we are gone on a vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i could be wrong, but I don't think the Nature2 uses standard 3" pucks, so you are stuck with their higher priced stuff.

Having an erosion feeder for vacations and such is a good idea if you have the CYA overhead available. But, in that case I would just go with a standard 3" erosion feeder rather than the Nature2. You can pick up standard 3" tricolor pucks at Costco or other big box stores a lot less expensively.

You will find that in some cases pool builders push certain items because they get them free, discounted or even a kickback so you end up using the higher priced product.

Excavation complete. Tomorrow digging begins.
00058e7cf6c771d8026541a3095f70ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So real week 1 done and they have almost got the pool dug out. Next week they finish the dig and then start plumbing and steel. In two weeks we will have gunite. The only SNAFU for this week was they had to cut the water to the front yard because it runs around from one side of the front, through the back to the other side of the front. Called the project manager and he was at the house in 10 minutes working on the problem. He is going to have his guys hand water the front for me until they can get the plumbers in next week.

Demo

The Dog thinks the big hole in the backyard is for him.

This is the view from where the slide will start. PB said he will have to be careful about how much sealer goes on it to make sure it is not TOO FAST!

_DSC0203_zpsjflcdige.jpg
[/URL]
This is the current state. They have a couple of more days of digging and then on to steel and plumbing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So the pool dig is complete and so far no major problems. PB says they will be doing steel and plumbing tomorrow and getting it inspected on Monday. I think he forgot Monday is a holiday so I am expecting inspection on Tuesday and gunite on Wednesday of next week. So far no major problems (knock on wood). PB has been great and I even came home tonight to them hosing off the driveway of the dirt they have made from moving dirt.

Everything is dug.

View from the top at the slide entrance.

Nice. That Excavation dig has got to be the PB biggest expense with building your pool. Some hard rock and solid layers i see there when they were digging. Plus the slope going up. Here in AZ, a pool can jump up in price drastically just on the type of foundation (soil or rock) you have and even more with a slope on a hill or mountain.

Can's wait to see your build in progress.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.