air bubbles in 2 out of 6 returns

dgold

Jul 23, 2015
stockbridge/ga
I will do the tests mentioned in the suction side leak guide, but to me this doesn't make sense. I do have a tiny bit of air in the pump basket but so i know i have a leak (hoping it is just an o-ring repair) that i am going to jump on in a few minutes. My question is why do I only get bubbles coming in on 2 out of six returns? Also, it seems like there are more bubbles coming out the 2 returns than there are in the pump basket. Does any of this make sense?

My question is why do I only get bubbles coming in on 2 out of six returns?
Those two returns might be slightly higher in elevation than the other two and air rises.

Also, it seems like there are more bubbles coming out the 2 returns than there are in the pump basket.
Air out of the returns means the air is being sucked in from somewhere and there are only a couple of choices and the symptoms are different.

Symptom: Air coming out of one or more returns continuously.

Causes: Suction side air leak. OR if you have solar AND solar is running AND you have a VRV on the roof AND the filter pressure is higher than normal, the VRV could be sucking air.

Symptom: Air coming out of one or more returns but stops after some amount of pump run time (i.e. only on startup).

Cause: This one could be a filter air leak when the pump is off. Spider gaskets are usually the cause.

My guess is that the bubbles are coming from your SWG. Mine does it when the SWG is on, one or two returns, sometimes different returns. Turn it off to see if it stops. Are there other symptoms besides bubbles?

Thanks! Turning of the SWG made the bubbles go away...instantly. Are the bubbles a normal function of the electrolysis process or a sign that something is wrong? I have been running the swg high to aid, along with bleach, in a slam so that might have made the bubbling more noticeable...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.