always high PH after bleach

Hi guys have a question here. I have been battling high PH the last month or so. My pool looks great but I have to add muriatic acid all the time. I added a gallon last week brought my PH down to 7.2. After adding bleach this week to keep it at 4 I have PH off the scale again. I thot it was bc I have a bad o-ring at the pump but I fixed that no more air going thru returns. Is it the bleach that is causing my PH to sky rocket every week? I have added 2 gallons thru the week to keep it at a 3/4 bc thats where we like the FC level. The PH slowly crept up over the week this morning my levels are

FC 4
CC 0
PH 8+
TA 90
CYA 40

At this point I really can't wait to close. The water temps have dropped with the cooler temps at night and we are done swimming for the year. If I have to add bleach to reach my SLAM levels for closing I can't imagine what my PH levels will be when I close.

id have to agree, my fill water is like 110 TA, so I notice when I get around 90, my ph rises much faster, its like a trigger point. when I get it to 80 or less - its FAR more stable. no way its your bleach.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.