Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi, GeeGaw from deep east Texas

1. Back To Top    #1

Hi, GeeGaw from deep east Texas

Is this correct place/way to ask about cordless vac?
    Everything INTEX, 20 x 48 , AG, 8362 gal. although its only 90%full. well water, pump 2500gph intex, bleach 8.25, and Taylor test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hi, GeeGaw from deep east Texas

Good morning! Yes, this is fine. Fire-away with your question so members can try to help. But perhaps in the future consider giving your new post a title related to what you are asking. That might help receive better attention and avoid confusion.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Fc 5
    Ph 8
    The 100
    TA 70
    Cya 30
    Salt 1840

Is it OK to use cordless vac I atead of filter vac? Or should I be siffeling as I vac? And what about my results?
    Everything INTEX, 20 x 48 , AG, 8362 gal. although its only 90%full. well water, pump 2500gph intex, bleach 8.25, and Taylor test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

The only thing I would suggest about your test results in to add a little acid per the calculator to reduce pH. You always want pH in the mid-7s. 7.2-7.8 is acceptable. Also, I don't recall how long it has been since you added stabilizer for your CYA. If it has been more than a week since you added stabilizer, you should increase CYA to a higher number here in TX with our hot sun. At least go up to 40 to help protect your chlorine (FC). Not sure what "The" was supposed to be? Calcium Hardness (CH)? If so, there's no need to worry about that one right now.

I replied to your other thread about the vacuum.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!