Cordless vacum

What vacuum you use is a personal choice and really depends on your budget and if it is practical for your pool size. Many people love their automatic cleaners, whether they operate from vacuum or in their own electric cord. But some are an investment. Me, I still use my standard manual vacuum that operated from the skimmer. It is really a personal choice. You have a smaller pool, and perhaps your small Intex skimmer and filter have a hard time keeping-up with the debris. If you are able to vacuum waste directly our of the pool that is fine too, as long as you keep an eye on the water level and know that depending upon how much water you lose, you may reduce CYA as well.

The only thing I would suggest about your test results in to add a little acid per the calculator to reduce pH. You always want pH in the mid-7s. 7.2-7.8 is acceptable. Also, I don't recall how long it has been since you added stabilizer for your CYA. If it has been more than a week since you added stabilizer, you should increase CYA to a higher number here in TX with our hot sun. At least go up to 40 to help protect your chlorine (FC). And always make sure your FC doesn't drop too low. It's good right now, but as the y hot day goes on it will fall, so don't let it go below your recommended minimum level of 2 - I would never let it go below 3-4 myself.

For now, don't try to adjust your TA. Focus on the pH primarily. Why? Well, TA tends to make the pH move with it. TA is sort of a "buffer" for pH. If you try to raise TA right now, the pH might go right up with it again. It's okay if your TA is a little below the recommended 70 level. So lets see how everything looks after you lower the pH a little and go from there.

- - - Updated - - -

But to answer your primary question ... we recommend waiting about 30 minutes before adding a different chemical with the pump running to circulate everything.

Ahhhh! Light bulb! Guess what I just realized? With your SWG, your ideal CYA range is between 70-80! So that changes things a bit. You have two choices with CYA:
1 - You could try to remember how much stabilizer you added last Thurs and add more to that today with a goal of 70ppm.
2 - Wait until Weds to make sure everything you added before registers on your CYA test, then add from there to be sure.
But for a SWG pool, you want CYA higher (70-80) to protect your low FC level. Wow, I almost missed that one.

Continue to watch your FC level until you are able to raise the CYA as needed as the sun will try to grab it during the day. Hopefully soon, the hottest part of the year will be behind us. Woo!

Hope this helps!

I used to calculator to determine that if your starting CYA was 30, and you added 24 ounces of stabilizer to your 5600 gallon pool, that should take your CYA up to about 60. You may only need to put about another 8 ounces in there to reach your minimum of 70. You can do it now via the sock method, or give your CYA a few more days to settle and register fully before adding just to be safe.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If your pH is moving a lot, then simply test it once each day and treat with acid as needed. It should stay there all day or pretty close to it. Check your TA as well until your pH starts to stay in one place. If your TA starts to get real low (i.e. below 50) then let us know and we'll see what else we can do to advise you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.