Hayward Aquatrol RJ problem

lbrn

May 3, 2015
Thomasville, NC
Hi,
We bought a Aquatrol RJ and installed it ourselves this spring. We have already replaced the timer on it. Ours came with a "no name" timer instead of the Glassin timer that was pictured in out book. We now have the right timer. We have a new problem though. Last Thursday evening our property was struck by lightening that took out our cable, internet and underground dog fence. The next day we noticed our SWG is not working. I don't really think they are connected because the pool is not anywhere near the cable line or the dog fence. We can hear the system hum when it is supposed to be on, but no lights are lit and the screen is blank. We replaced the fuse and it didn't help. The pump works fine. We have unplugged the SWG until we can find out what the problem is. I told my husband that it seems our unit was built on a Friday before vacation, because it is not standing up to hayward quality. Any ideas before we take it to the pool store to be professionally checked? By the way, the change to salt water from baquacil is the best thing we have ever done for our pool.

Sorry, I have a Hayward SWG, but mine is the AquaRite T-15. Im not familiar with yours, but maybe someone who is will be along. bump

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.