Okay, so I started using trichlor this summer. My mother comes down in the winter time and helps manage the pool when I have to travel...but in the summertime she is back in Iowa, so I decided to use the auto chlorinator (inline) since my CYA is at 40 and I didn't want algae while I was gone. The last two months I have notice a chlorine smell when the pump comes on. It subsides after about 30 minutes and my CC is never higher than .5...generally it is at 0.0.
Is this normal? I never smelled it when using bleach.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk