TFP to the rescue...once again!

jagger2005

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 5, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Sorry if this gets a little long winded, but I just read a Matthew Berry Love/Hate article. And if you can relate without having to google the reference...we might be new besties.

So today, I had to go get a my yearly exam (2 years overdue). The eye doctor had just finished putting several reagent drops into my eyes to dilate them, and the following exchange occurred:

Doc: So do you work in an IT department?
Me: Sort of.
Doc: Do you know much about computers?
Me: Probably more than the average person.
Doc: I upgraded my work PC to Windows 10 because it was free, but now I cannot get on the Internet. And I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with HP support and they want to charge me 120 to get it fixed.
Me: Yeah one of your current drivers is probably not compatible with Windows 10. Well you could just revert back to the old OS if you want. When did you upgrade?
Doc: Last night, You can do that?
Me: Yeah, there is a revert option in system restore area (total guess here because I am all about Windows 7 and that is where I would expect it)

Pause the conversation. So guess how I know about the incompatible drivers and the revert option? You guessed it - a thread on TFP that I read a few days ago. Sometimes a little bit of the stuff I read here trickles into my small memory bank.

So know my vision is all wacked out, and she gets up to lead me to next room to do a field vision test...or so I thought. Nope, we are going to her office because apparently I have been hired to fix her PC. So I stumble around for a minute, find the system restore page, and there is not a single restore point. What the heck?

Doc: So what do you think? Can it be fixed?
Me: Hmmm...hold on for second. Let me do a quick search on my phone. (Pull out the phone...close to blind at this point) Know you probably think I am going to do a google search to figure this out, but do not laugh, I am going to a pool forum because I know right where to go to find out how to do this.

Open Safari. Go to favorites. Of course TFP is on that list. Type "windows 10" in the tpf search box, click find. Bam, article is the first listed. Navigate to the bottom of thread.

Me: Looks like it might be in the program update page. Lets check there. Well look at that, you can uninstall right here.
Doc: Thank you Thank you. How much do I owe you?
Me: LOL, you do not owe me for that.

So when my visit is done, she comps me the 35 for the field vision test. Oh yeah, TFP just made me 35 bucks! I think I need to donate some of my winnings.

And to top it off, I got to bless the guy at Visionworks, who was filling my eye glasses order, with my knowledge about the difference between salt water pool (yep he thought no chlorine in a salt water pool), his salt water fish tank, and the salt in the ocean. Of course, all of this information I learned at TFP!

Yelp, TFP is the BOMB for sure.

If you don't know the answer, or are just curious about something, just search it here on the site. Most likely someone else has already asked the questions. If by the slim chance it's not found in search, just ask, and immediately, just like magic, 100's of highly knowledgeable, and friendly people come swimming out of their crystal clear pools to make sure you know the answer. Perhaps the name should actually be TFP, and so much more. :)

Yelp, as I said before, TFP is the BOMB for sure. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.