Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Minimax 400 heats fine but service light stays on

1. Back To Top    #1

Minimax 400 heats fine but service light stays on

I have a Minimax 400 heater. When my heater is turned on, the T-STAT, AUX, PRESS and Power are all lit. The heater ignites and heats the water.

However, the Service Light remains solid red while it's heating.

Any suggestions ?
    I have a 10000 gallon in-ground plaster pool. I have a chlorine feeder, a DE filter, a polaris cleaner with booster pump and minimax 400 heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Minimax 400 heats fine but service light stays on

Sounds like something on the system board is causing the issue. I'd suggest you just live with it as long as the heater continues to work.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. I will do that.
    I have a 10000 gallon in-ground plaster pool. I have a chlorine feeder, a DE filter, a polaris cleaner with booster pump and minimax 400 heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

I have the same heater and it used to have three lights come on when heating and two after temp is reached. Now it has only two that come on and one when temp is reached. I can live with that. Other than maybe a light being burnt out everything still works!