High Salt / Amps - SWG turning off

Jul 9, 2010
Allen, TX
I could use some help here... A while back I had this Hight Salt/Amps message and found a solution on this forum - a little glob of solder on the back of the board and problem was solved. Fast forward a few years - T-15 cell was replaced with generic replacement from Compupool and worked fine for a couple of years, recently replaced with a new warranty unit from Compupool. The replacement unit worked for a couple of months. Now, I'm getting the high salt/amps message. The salt level in the pool is actually quite low, around 1900-2600ppm. I've been meaning to add salt, but now that I've discovered this problem, I'm not sure what to do. I took the board off and my little glob of solder from before is still intact. Just to be sure, I globbed a little more on there - but it hasn't solved the problem.

Low salt and little glob of solder is good. What else could cause this error...?

Please help!!

JT

(this is a goldline aqua-logic ps-4, I think...)

Thanks!

What are the diagnostics showing?

Are you sure about the actual salt level? Can you get a more exact number?

What salt level shows on the display?

Check to see what cell type is selected in configuration.

Diagnostic shows 40.62V 10.04A before it turns itself off and says High Salt/Amps.
The current salt reading is only 1800. I don't have an exact salt reading, but it was working fine and reading fine the last time I had water tested. I've not added any salt since then and salt levels have gradually fallen with rain and evaporation/refill. My configuration menu says "Locked". I don't know how to go into it. All the cell's have been t-15's. Nothing in config has ever changed since I don't know how to unlock it...

Something is definitely wrong. Not sure what. The volts and amps are way higher than they should be. You unlock configuration by holding the right and left arrow simultaneously for about ten seconds.

Check to make sure that the input line voltage is in the correct range.

Got into config menu - cell is set properly to T-15. Not sure how to check the input line voltage...? Could you elaborate...?
I've seen some posts about replacing the K1 relay. Could that be a problem? Is that easy to do...?

Thanks very much for your responses. I appreciate the help.

Got into config menu - cell is set properly to T-15. Not sure how to check the input line voltage...? Could you elaborate...?
I've seen some posts about replacing the K1 relay. Could that be a problem? Is that easy to do...?

Thanks very much for your responses. I appreciate the help.
What did you do to correct this .. I'm having the same issue with the same numbers

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.