Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AGP closing - how to stop wind coming up around leg supports

1. Back To Top    #1

AGP closing - how to stop wind coming up around leg supports

I have an 18' round AG pool - ultra frame. We have winterized it the past 2 winters (even though Intex doesn't recommend it). Last year we used the winter pool wrap around the winter pool cover, plus we taped some foam into the gaps at the top of each leg support to try to block some of the wind (it's really windy here in north Missouri). That helped some, but I was wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks for blocking the wind from getting up under the cover, and especially around the legs and the big gaps where the liner hangs from the top of the leg supports.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Glad I found this forum - I've learned a lot.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AGP closing - how to stop wind coming up around leg supports

Welcome. My first thought is, you're never going to stop the wind. My second thought is, if this is your property, I would plant evergreens to help deter some of that wind. Other than that, I am not sure.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

I left mine uncovered last year. Not sure what I want to do this year.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

4. Back To Top    #4

We have a metal wall AGP and hang jugs of water from the grommets on the cover using twine. The twine is left long enough to hang above the ground was the wind does not get underneath.
    Hope that helps.
    16 x 28 Doughboy Mystic Garden AGP with 7' deep end (used expandable vinyl liner) ~11,800 gals. Deep end main drain. Thru-the-wall skimmer, one return at deep end. Media Master 150# sand filter. Doughboy PowerPak II pump, 1 hp. Pentair MinimaxCH 150m natural gas heater. Polaris 65 when it feels like working . TF-100 test kit. No longer 'pool stored' 5 years and counting. In sunny but fickle metro-Detroit.