How much to water gunite?

I watered the heck out of ours, but were also talking 110F and single digit humidity, so I was out there every hour or so spraying the fresh shotcrete for the 5-6 days our builder said to do so. He installed a timed sprinkler which would run for 5min every hour, but the position on the edge resulted in areas that never got wet, so I took the hose to the whole thing just to be sure.

as others have said, you can't overwater it when it's curing. Good luck,

I'm curious... If you can't overwater when it's curing, why is rain a concern for a concrete deck pour? Is the water only ok after the material is "set" a little?

On a deck you will always see the finish. So you want to have no rain until it sets up enough where the rain won't effect the finish. After the finish is setup rain is a good thing because the slower it cures the less likely you are to have problems later. For a pool shell the concrete isn't the finish the plaster is. Plus it is usually set before you water the first time. Pool shells are really thick and you want to try to have it cure evenly and slow. That is why you should water it to slow down the outer layers from curing faster than the core. Even though it is impossible to keep it perfect it prevents cracking hopefully. Rain can damage a shell too if it rains when they are actually shooting the pool and it dilutes the concrete before it sets.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.