New pool, help with numbers

Mar 16, 2015
rowlett, tx
I was given the all clear to swim but want your opinion on my numbers.

Are these safe to swim in?

04f6f12d6154925799125d6dbeb6cb42.jpg

Okie dokie, here we go:
1 - Start soaking a sock with stabilizer per the calculator for a target ppm of 40 in our hot state. Once it dissolves, you won't see the increase for about a week in tests, but consider it 40.
2 - You need to increase pH to at least 7.2 ASAP. See recommended chemicals link for assistance.
3 - Increase FC only to about 2-3ppm for the first day or two until your CYA dissolves. Then increase to your target FC level based on the CYA chart

That should get you started. Later, if your pH drops again, you may need to increase TA slightly to help keep pH up but you can do that a little later if needed.

Okie dokie, here we go:
1 - Start soaking a sock with stabilizer per the calculator for a target ppm of 40 in our hot state. Once it dissolves, you won't see the increase for about a week in tests, but consider it 40.
2 - You need to increase pH to at least 7.2 ASAP. See recommended chemicals link for assistance.
3 - Increase FC only to about 2-3ppm for the first day or two until your CYA dissolves. Then increase to your target FC level based on the CYA chart

That should get you started. Later, if your pH drops again, you may need to increase TA slightly to help keep pH up but you can do that a little later if needed.

I want to do all that so bad but I'm not able to do anything with the pool yet. I don't want to be out of warranty

Amanda, when my pool was filled, I tested the next day. I had about the same chlorine as you. So I sent my #'s to the guy who was in charge of my chemicals. I asked him if I should add some chlorine and how much. He texted back and told me almost identical to what Pool Math told me to do. I did that for a few days. From then on, he pretty much let me take care of the chemicals.

I was told also not to add any in the beginning, but I knew I didn't want to swim in it with that low FC. And I didn't want my plaster ruined. Did the plaster company give you a sheet of directions with the recommended levels of stuff?

Suz.

I got this idea from Wendy! She just acted like she was supposed to tell him the numbers and kept doing it, so he eventually saw that she knew what she was doing. He let her keep rolling! She's so smart!!!!

She shouldn't raise the Cya immediately in a new finished pool. At least four or five days minimum before she starts brining it up.

The sun will get all your Chlorine everyday until then Amanda, but you should try not to let it get below 2-3 PPM. Shoot for five when you add, and do the best you can to maintain this, unless as Suz says, they give you some stricter parameters. Don't be surprised with anything they tell you.

Did the pool guy put pucks in your chlorinator? or is he adding manually?
My guy used chlorinator so FC gradually crept up, rather than dumping chlorine directly in pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.