Need to hire a PB in Maryland

aaronp

Aug 28, 2008
Does anyone know of a good local pool person to help me with opening my pool?
I bought this house in October, it was a foreclosure, and I had a pool consultant help make sure it was winterized. Now I need a pro to give my system a once over and let me know if everything is up to snuff. I'm not even sure all the pieces are here! I tried calling the guy who closed the pool, but his line has been busy for 2 weeks now????
I'd prefer someone who isn't going to sell me a bunch of pool supplies I don't need!!

Harford County MD

Thanks in advance.

I have used Buddy's Pool for opening and closing my pool in the past. They are pricey IMHO but I tried Leslie's and they were terrible. The guys marked up my pool deck by not using a tool to remove my cover, just kicked the anchors with the heel of his boot?!? They also broke the top of my skimmer basket by hammering it on with a piece of wood! Countless phone calls later the "area manager" came out and fixed the skimmer cover but said the marks in the concrete were natural and he could not do anything about them?
I was a new pool owner 4 years ago and did not have a clue what I needed to do to open or close, now through forums like this one I do it myself..I just cannot see paying hundreds of dollars for something I can do in a couple of hours.
I do understand your apprehension however, If it will make you feel better hire Buddys and watch what they do, I am sure you will find opening the pool is really a lot less complicated that you may think...

Stick with this forum and you will be fine, I have gone from over $1,000 a year in costs for chemicals, opening and closing costs etc to less than $100 last year for the BBB method and doing a little labor myself,,,

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.