My salt cell went bad and I had several weeks of time with close to zero FC in my pool. First I got greenish/yellowish algae covering the deep end of the wall and floor. I was able to brush it off with vinyl brush. But the algae came back in a few days. In my pass two weeks, I start to notice back spots and patches on the floor of the deep end. I suspect it's black algae.
5 days ago, I brushed and vacuumed the pool and kept FC leve between 4 and 5 and the greenish/yellowish algae did not come back. Water is clear. Do I likely have mustard algae in this case? I hope I just have regular green/yellow algae.
My water test results
FC = 4.5
PH = 7.5
CYA = 70
TA = 120
CH = 300
I am planning to fight black algae this week and want some advise. This is what I plan to do
1. Dump bleach to the deep end of pool and get FC level to 40 and hold it for 24 hours; use metal brush to brush the pool a few times during this 24 hour period -- to fight black algae and mustard algae if I have it
2. After the 1st 24-hour period, I will keep the FC level above 20 and brush the black agle area a couple times a day -- to fight black algae
I have a couple questions -
1. Should I run the pump non stop during the SLAM period? Or should I let the pump to rest for a few hours every day?
2. When do I lower the FC level back to 10 (high end of normal)? After all black spot are gone?
3. Should I turn off the salt cell during the SLAM process?
Thanks a lot!