Intex 22' pool, any tips on how to fold/roll the liner for overwinter storage?

I have no tips or tricks other than to suggest you leave the pool up. Many members have complained of the pool liner getting holes and such when they take them down to store. These pools are pretty durable. I go past several on my way to work that have been up for 5+ years.

I left mine up the past few years. But when I took it down (an 18') I folded it in half, then folded the middle in so that the gray sides were on the outside (to protect the bottom) and made it so it was about the height of the box before rolling it. We put it in the shed and put a rope around it, that was anchored to the wall on both sides.

Not sure if my description makes much sense to someone else, lol.

I have no tips or tricks other than to suggest you leave the pool up. Many members have complained of the pool liner getting holes and such when they take them down to store. These pools are pretty durable. I go past several on my way to work that have been up for 5+ years.

I would if I could but neither of us would survive. The last few years here we have had extended periods below freezing that would cause issues. The pool is also in one of the least ideal locations possible. We have no back yard to speak of so its off to the side of our house about 6 feet from the woodline. Dealing with leaves in the summer is bad enough. In the winter it would be impossible. Getting a cover that actually wouldnt be problematic isn't worth it either.

There is a better than 30% likelihood it wont go up next year anyway. It is a lot of work for me to put that thing up to get used at most a dozen times over 3 months before I have to remove it again. I was in it more than anyone and most of the times I got in were to clean it.

Not sure if my description makes much sense to someone else, lol.

Your description isnt too far off of what I did last year. Emptied, folded in half and half again same direction and then folded on the perpendicular. Then tied it up, and put it on top of my daughters old little tikes plastic wagon and wheeled it into the garage. Where it stayed all winter. we always hope for a magic easy way but...

Looks like it will be a busy weekend.

We had the coldest winter I can remember in a long time last year, and my pool apostates up. It was at least 15 below zero, and below zero for cover a week, with no ill effects on the pool. I didn't have a cover on, just removed the debris before I started cleaning it. (Took it down to get ready for a new pool.) the old pool is still in use, gave it to a friend.

We had the coldest winter I can remember in a long time last year, and my pool apostates up. It was at least 15 below zero, and below zero for cover a week, with no ill effects on the pool. I didn't have a cover on, just removed the debris before I started cleaning it. (Took it down to get ready for a new pool.) the old pool is still in use, gave it to a friend.
What is a "pool apostates"?

Dom

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.