Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: In what dept do you find Cyanuric acid at the local big box hardware store?

1. Back To Top    #1

In what dept do you find Cyanuric acid at the local big box hardware store?

I was walking through Lowe's and saw muriatic acid with the chemicals near paint. Where is CYA usually located?
    It was near closing and the staffer I spoke to hadn't heard of it.
    Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: In what dept do you find Cyanuric acid at the local big box hardware store?

You should be able to find it in their pool section outside on the shelf. Look for stabilizer or conditioner. The active ingredient is Cyanuric Acid (CYA).

- - - Updated - - -

Wal-Mart may have it in their pool section as well. 4 lb container with purple lid.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by tea View Post
    I was walking through Lowe's and saw muriatic acid with the chemicals near paint. Where is CYA usually located?
    It was near closing and the staffer I spoke to hadn't heard of it.
    Thanks!
    I just bot mine from HD yesterday..it was in the pool chemical section.. Generally outdoor garden section.. Good luck
    24k IG vinyl , new (not any more)pool, new ( not any more) water Hayward super pump and sand filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks very much. I did good, then. (I thought I was looking for a non-pool chemical.)