Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Woke up to a fish pond missing about 4" of water!

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

Woke up to a fish pond missing about 4" of water!

What a mess! Apparently the waterfall overflowed and dumped about 500 gals of water all around the outside of the pond. Too much filter material caused the whole thing to float and allowed the water to go over the sides instead of in the pond. Guess I have to redesign the area around the waterfall so it too goes into the pond.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Woke up to a fish pond missing about 4" of water!

What a way to start your weekend.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Ya, and still had to go to work. Thankfully I have good water volume and was able to refill and fix in time. Guess getting up 3 hours early has it's advantages.

Pool was fine thank God! It's in a different part of the yard. With all the rain we've had lately, the BLUE tint is slowly going away.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

4. Back To Top    #4

Hopefully you didn't lose any fish...?
    16'x32' ~20000 gallon Vinyl in-ground pool. Single skimmer + bottom drain, dual return. Hayward 244T Sand filter and 1.5HP 2 speed Super pump running 24/7
    24' round ~13500 gallon Vinyl above ground pool 1HP single speed Pentair pump 24/7 with Sand filter. Next door---Maintaining it for my great neighbor!

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Thankfully no. It only got down to the bottom of the skimmer.