Hardest thing on a liner pool?

BTW - (I forgot the original title of the post :oops: ) - a sharp object will do the most damage to your liner, if it impacts on it - DON'T have an unsecured glass topped table poolside nor leave your pool poll loose without the brush or skimmer net attached :wink:

wow had not thougth of the table, rule number one in our house is no glass in pool area.
We have to buy a table for the pool area, so i better get looking for a non glass on... the wind really blow here..
thanks for the great advice...
Also i would like to post some pics of our pool, but I have NO IDEA how to do it, Can anyone give my some where to start. :hammer:
Thanks jim

The easiest way is to open a "Photobucket.com" account (free) and you upload your photos there (super easy) then you past the IMG "code" - the shortcut to the photo- into your message and viola, the picture appears in your message.

I am still waiting on my GOOD test kit. I am trying to keep the tc up, hard to do with a test kit that does not goes that far up. The ph is 7.8. I opened up to a green pool. but now it is white cloudy is this dead alage? or is it somthing else. I know with out a full set of numbers it is hard to tell.. I was just wondering if anyone could give some clues to this..
thank jim

Question? I am checking the TA but i cant get a reading!!! i put the drops in like it says, but then i can never get it to turn pickish.. Is it so high that it is off the chart or is it really low? I am using a biogaurd test kit until my GOOD test kit shows up next week.. The ph is 7.8 i have put up to 40 drops and no change in color... HELP
thanks
jim :sleep:

When you kill algae it often turns white and the water often looks milky. It can take from a couple of days to more than a week to clear up the water from that point, assuming the algae is all dead. Once the algae is all dead, and assuming your filter is working correctly, you should see a visible improvement in the water each day.

Inexpensive TA tests are much more likely to have problems from interference by other things in the water (like metals or high FC levels). One thing to keep in mind is that you are waiting for a color change, not for a specific color. It doesn't need to turn pinkish, there just needs to be a change in the color.

jason thanks so much, it does seem to be getting better every day. i can start to see the main drain in the bottom of the deep end.. Yes i do get a color change on the TA it changes to white... so maybe iam not that far off.
Thanks for all the help.... this is much better then running to the pool store with my check book in hand :cry:
i cant wait for my test kit
thanks
jim

hi guys/gals
now that my pool is clear and looks great i would like to put some pics on here.. but you all should know me by now I am not to great with the computer... frustratedmom said to open a bucket account which i did, but how do i get them into my post...
sorry for being so slow,
thanks
jim

I don't deal with photobucket but I'm assuming you have to host the pic and copy/paste the URL here in your reply post and that should do it. Watch out for sizing too. Too big and too little are hard to see. I usually post mine at 600 or so. Good luck. :mrgreen:

here it go
P9010067_edited.jpg
es hope it works, pic

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Very nice! 8) Thanks for sharing! Maybe when you get a chance and your solar cover isn't on, you can let us see your water! :goodjob: I like water pics! :mrgreen:

Sorry pool mom!!! I really was no expecting the picture to work, remember i am new at this. I did try again and I cant get it to work :x
but when i do get it to, i will put one on here....
Sorry guys I am from Washington state and that is the sun setting in the west, we get some really great sunsets in the summer and fall..
I glad you liked it.
Jim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.