Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward SP-1500UNPAK2

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Hayward SP-1500UNPAK2

So I ordered 2 of these thinking I would be able to tie onto the threads on the back side thinking they were 2", but they are not. Can someone tell me what the threads tie to?

Here's a link to a picture of them;

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTM4WDcxNw==/z/w7kAAOxyepRRu10i/$(KGrHqNHJCEFDLbsGJ(IBRu10h)tfw~~60_57.JPG

I already tried regular 3" fpt PVC and that did not work. I know the inside is 1.5" slip, and I know the union screws onto my pump. If worse comes to worse, I'll have to go from the 1.5" to 2" as fast as possible, but the threads have to be for something? I was hoping for 2" right away.....

Thanks...

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward SP-1500UNPAK2

What are these supposed to be for? Where did you find them?
    What are you trying to attach them to?

I have not seen them with threads on the outside like that. I am guessing they are proprietary to screw into some piece of Hayward equipment.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

They are for the outside of my Hayward Power Flo Matrix 1.5 HP pump. It is the pump that came with the pool, I'm just upgrading all the plumbing. It's driving me nuts because Hayward already has their proprietary threads on the outside of the pump, why put them on the union as well. Furthermore, I can't find ANY documentation on the outside threads at all. I'd like to keep the flow 2" all the way.

Thanks

4. Back To Top    #4

It is a small pump. Just put 1.5" pipe into the slip fitting, immediately into a reducer bushing which is in a 2" coupler. It will make absolutely no difference in your flow rate. You are worried over nothing.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Lol, I wouldn't call it a "worry", more of a question. I understand that it will make almost no difference, but what are they there for?

Thank you for your reply anyway....

6. Back To Top    #6

I have no idea why they put threads on the outside. You could not actually put anything there because then the union nut would not be able to unscrew.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

7. Back To Top    #7

Certain Hayward equipment has threads inside that this would screw into. My old Super II pump did that.

--Tom
    Plaster pool 22,000 Gallons, Hayward Swimclear C5030 Filter, Hayward SP3200VSP TriStar VS Pump, Pentair Minimax NT Heater

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

OK, these were made to allow another manufactures portable spa pump union to connect to our pump in a retrofit manner. In other words, if the customer had an Aqua Flo pump but wanted to buy a Hayward and the union was glued in place you would just connect the Aqua Flo union on to these threads. These threads are common to a lot of spa pumps.
    Hayward Pool Tech
    80+ Years of Technologically Advanced Pool Product Manufacturing
    poolside@haywardnet.com