Recycle Cartridge Filter?

Agent99

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 26, 2008
San Jose, CA
I did search on this topic and I even googled it but I really didn't find anything.

My Sta-Rite's cartridges have given up the ghost after a faithful 17 years of service (likely was longer as they were there when we bought the house/pool in 1998) and I'm wondering how to properly and 'greenly' dispose of them.

Having them end up in the landfill doesn't sit well with me so I'm hoping there is another way.

Any thoughts?

17 years?? They aren't supposed to last more then a 4 or 5. You my friend are special!! I must know your secret...

cut the rubber ends off. use for drink coasters. use the filter material to line flower pots and stuff like that.

LOL! :joker:

I guess you aren't familiar with the SIZE of the TWO filters I have on my Sta-Rite S8M150. One fits kind of inside the other and well, they are quite large...especially the outer one. :crazy:

It might also explain their longevity...and their price.

I did search on this topic and I even googled it but I really didn't find anything.

My Sta-Rite's cartridges have given up the ghost after a faithful 17 years of service (likely was longer as they were there when we bought the house/pool in 1998) and I'm wondering how to properly and 'greenly' dispose of them.

Having them end up in the landfill doesn't sit well with me so I'm hoping there is another way.

Any thoughts?

Hi Chris - Did you ever receive a useful response to your question? I have the same filter (Sta Rite 150) and my cartridges have finally died after 18 seasons of use, so I am now in the same position you were in three years ago - trying to figure out how to reasonably dispose of these monsters.

Steve

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.