Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My Loop-Loc cover quote seems VERY expensive - reality check please

1. Back To Top    #1

Barrington, IL

My Loop-Loc cover quote seems VERY expensive - reality check please

I'm an owner of a new 800 square foot free form IG pool. We'd like to purchase a custom safety cover for the winter. The PB quoted us the following for a Loop-Loc brand custom cover:

$6,509.52 for mesh
    $7,520.40 for solid with drain panels
    $7,548.48 for solid (does not include pump)

This includes 8% tax, $150 delivery charge, and $750 installation charge.
    Also included is 52 of the 9" pipes with brass anchors and 52 stainless steel springs and all necessary hardware.
    These prices seem ridiculous to me.

I read a little about the basic quote process for a custom cover. It seems you need to draw the smallest "box" possible which will encompass a free form pool, measure length and width of the box, and add 3 feet to each of the two measurements. This is not enough to build the cover but seems to be enough to get a quote. When I do this I get 45' x 31' = 1395 sq feet. We have standard unilock pavers around our pool and a stone coping. nothing is raised and we don't have any waterfall or water features.

Do these prices seem reasonable?
    26,000 gal IG freeform gunite pool, pebble sheen, Jandy VS PlusHP pump, Jandy AquaPure PLC1400 SWG, Jandy CL460 cartridge filter, Jandy Hi-E2 heater, AquaLink PDA, Polaris 280, well water auto fill, completed 6/2015, Taylor K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2
    Columbia, SC

Re: My Loop-Loc cover quote seems VERY expensive - reality check please

Obviously markets differ, but I was quoted just less,than $5,000 for my free form pool that does have one side 3 steps higher. That cost included the custom steps that had to be constructed in the cover.

Looking at your overall pool size I don't think I'm that much smaller.

I have a friend with one and they are great covers, but heck $7,500 is a lot of money.....
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

I have a 1200 square foot pool with a rock wall about thirty feet and a grotto eight feet wide and about five feet high. My best loop loc quote was 8100 for the mesh plus a free closing and opening wih chemicals. A meyco quite I got was similar. Other quotes were higher.
    1200 Sq Ft 41,000 Gal. Gunite, JANDY SVRS VS pump, JANDY JXI 400,000 BTU, Polaris 280 w/ 3/4 BP, Rockwall and Grotto (w/6 jets and blower), 2 JANDY Lam Jets, 2 LED Bubblers, 5 Ledlights, AQUALINK P16 RS, 90% Quartz, SWF 185 GMP BP, SWF 125 BP, Levelor K1100 Autofill, AP Digital SWG, 2 skim and 5 returns, and mostly 3 inch piping

4. Back To Top    #4

I have been pricing them too . Had a Loop Loc in old house then moved. Old house we had one and paid $975 for a basic 13x26 rectangle pool. Friend had oasis 14x28 paid $1550, three years ago. MY new pool at new house is 13x26 free form oasis , price NOW is $1900 Yikes!! priced with 4 dealers and all said same , prices went up. Im installing myself though so i can order it from whoever is cheapest . Im also looking at Merlin covers as they are same if not better quality then loop loc , $1600 for that one