Crystal Bay sand filter issue

Aug 11, 2015
MO
I just installed my older Crystal Bay 19" sand filter along with a Pentair Dynamo 1 HP pump, pump is doing great, however the filter is putting sand in the pool - lots of sand. I got the sand out by vacuuming to waste but the sand is pretty "fine" so I am assuming I have either incorrect sand, a lateral issue or something else cracked inside but my question is where can I find lateral kits for this older filter? It has a jacuzzi 7-port valve on it but I cannot find anything on the net on replacement parts for the actual filter. I hope to have time to disassemble the filter to check components tonight but trying to put a cost together to talk myself out of just buying a new Hayward 18" sand filter for $200 next season.

I did run it in backwash and rinse and finally went clean but when turn to filter....more sand.

Any feed back is appreciated.
Filter_1.jpgfilter_2.jpg

Last edited:
Update - I was able to take it apart the laterals were completely detached from "hub" under the stand pipe so I will either need to get an entire new lateral kit (if it exist) or jut break down and buy a whole new filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.