Which Pump to get?

Jun 26, 2011
My motor has died (1HP) and the pump is old and suspect as well. I am electing to replace the whole assembly. I am considering trying a multi speed or variable speed. Good idea? If so, which model should I consider? I've look at the Pentair Superflo for a single speed and the Intelliflow for a VS - just not sure which one I need.

Thanks!

BTW, contrary to what my signature says, I'm at about 18,000 gallons.

I've look at the Pentair Superflo for a single speed and the Intelliflow for a VS - just not sure which one I need.
What about a SuperFlo two speed?

A VS is a good choice in areas where you have very expensive electricity or you need more than two flow rates. However in most of the country, a two speed will have a lower lifetime cost than a VS.

We share the same 1.5 or 2 inch pool plumbing fixtures. The pool industry here is non-metric. Costco Canada sells it online: http://www.costco.ca/Nirvana-Silens...ord=Silensor&langId=-24&storeId=10302&refine=
Quebec has its own distributor, Nirvana pumps, so Costco can't sell that item in our province. It even looks like Nirvana is importing the pumps and using Costco.ca as a distribution channel for the rest of Canada.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.