Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Baracuda G2 stops or gets stuck?

1. Back To Top    #1

Baracuda G2 stops or gets stuck?

My G2 will be great for a while and then get odd. Seems like it'll just stop, sometimes against a wall (not on steps, so not that problem). I wonder if I have air leaking in the hose somewhere?

Just odd because when I start the pump it'll usually go fine for a while. The diaphragm seems good (I've replaced those in the past), and the hose can shake a bunch once i get it going again (sometimes even just moving it will let it start working for a while).

Any thoughts besides hose leak that I should look into? I don't think it's a pipe leak or anything, so probably something with the cleaner or the hose. I did have to replace the yellow bracket that holds the footpad on last year, so that should be ok.

Overall the cleaner is 3 years old.

Thanks for the input!
    12000-ish In Ground, plaster, sand filter. New variable speed pump (Hayward I believe)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Baracuda G2 stops or gets stuck?

i have problems with mine stopping sometimes (also a baracuda) and it seems like it will do it as my DE filter gets progressively more plugged up. so i will adjust the valve to pull more suction and get it moving again, and when i finally backwash the filter it works great again at the "original" valve position.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by sts7049 View Post
    i have problems with mine stopping sometimes (also a baracuda) and it seems like it will do it as my DE filter gets progressively more plugged up. so i will adjust the valve to pull more suction and get it moving again, and when i finally backwash the filter it works great again at the "original" valve position.
    Thanks...I backwash, but I'll try going longer and see if it works better. That's probably my issue though, with all the algae I'm cleaning up it runs into too much junk.
    12000-ish In Ground, plaster, sand filter. New variable speed pump (Hayward I believe)

4. Back To Top    #4

My yellow plastic weight part was coming undone....in general it's getting old so trying to figure out if worth replacing it...