Bought a Pool and it came with a house.

Re: Bought a Pool and it came with a houses.

Yea was trying to get it to work from my Google share and it appears to not work as anticipated. So tried to email pics from phone to laptop and that failed. Not having a good tech day today. Will try something else shortly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Try this go to the bottom of your Quick reply screen Click Go Advanced then go down to Manage Attachments and see if you can get it to load that way.

That's how I had to do my 1st few pics until I figured it all out. The pics will be big so they'll use more of your allotted MB space but you can swap them out for smaller ones, or delete them entirely later if you need to. I hope this helps. Have a wonderful day. :)

ok, it wasn't me, these stupid tools don't want to play nicely. Was trying to use my phone, upload to photo bucket and then post to Tapatalk. Wouldn't let me get to this post to post it to. Oh well. Here they are anyway.

Almost to the bottom of the skimmer on the refill. A few more hours and I should be able to crank it up.

Got it, I don't think it is willingly going to come apart, I will give it another try later.
New question, vinyl pool, has the white plastic coping around the top edge. It is really chalky, what can I clean that with, can I use a magic eraser?
Thanks

LOL Funny you should bring up Magic Erasers as I was just researching them and the safety of using them for pool cleaning because a lot of people do use them. From my research I've found that outside the pool Yes, in direct contact with the bleach is not advisable.

Here's what I found during my research that I was going to do a stand alone Thread on it, but I'll post it here, and do a stand alone thread on it later.

A lot of people say the magic erasers work well on areas with hard to remove marks on the outside of the pool, but I don't know if they are safe to use in the pool so I decide to check that for myself.

There is actually no active ingredient listed on the box of Magic Erasers which I noticed when checking on my box here. So I set out searching for answers to ensure there would be no chemical reactions between the active ingredient in the Magic Eraser, and the bleach in the pool.

Turns out Magic Eraser wasn't originally even made to clean, it was made as an "insulator/fireretardant" that just happened to end up also being an excellent cleaning tool too. Also it Turns out there is no active ingredient because there is none the "activeingredient" if you want to call it that is merely Your "elbow grease."

It does turn out however that theEraser itself "is made of a formaldehyde-melamine-sodium bisulfitecopolymer foam made by the German company BASF". http://www.kitchenandresidentialdesign.com/2010/06/whats-in-magic-eraser.html

According to this article http://www.themodernembalmer.com/bleach.html aswell as several other reviewed, Formaldehyde and Bleach should Never be in contact with each other.

I hope this helps. Have a wonderful day. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Sounds good Always. Let us know what they say.

For around the top if you rinse well I see no problem using them there, but it just for those that use them to remove the scum rings etc. where it comes in contact with the pool water/chlorine that could be an issue.

I use them all the time here at home, but just have never needed to in the pool, so I got curious, and thought why not research it. Plus I do use them in my tub after using other cleaning products that may, or may not, contain bleach in them, so I probably need to stop doing that too, or at least verify if the other product has bleach in it.

It could also be that the small amount of formaldehyde present in them wouldn't be an issue anyway? But from the research, and from a safety aspect, I thought I'd pass the info along.

OH NO! I LOVE my magic erasers for my pool :( They work great on the above water white part of my liner. NOTHING else has worked as well.

I am awaiting to see what the company has to say. PLEASE say it is safe

Kim

LOL Kim, sorry to have possibly been the bearer of bad news. I didn't mean to be. :(. LOL I do understand though I too love my Magic Erasers. Magic Erasers are the Bomb!!!

Like I mentioned before, I think as long as it doesn't come in contact with the chlorine in the water, and you rinse well, so any Magic eraser particles left behind don't combine with the chlorine when splashing, there shouldn't be an issue at all anyway. And the percentage of formaldehyde in them may not be high enough to cause any reaction either? But the research said the 2 chemicals should never be mixed so????

Perhaps we can get CG to take a look, and give us his views on it too. Definitely an interesting, questionable find, that requires further investigation looking at it from a safety aspect, for sure. Have a wonderful day. :)

LOL I am posting it as a stand alone as we speak because if it is a safety issue, it needs to be able to reach a larger audience, and be able to be picked up when a Search is done. In order for it to do that I think the Name (Magic Eraser) has to be in the title.

EDIT: OK it is now in a stand alone Thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...n-and-in-your-pool-or-not?p=914545#post914545

Sorry Alwayswantedapool,

I didn't mean to highjack your Thread away from your SLAM to another topic. Please Slam on. But if you don't mind please do let us know on the other Thread what the Magic Eraser people tell you, if they get back with you. Thank you and have a wonderful night.

Will do, haven't heard back yet, the auto response said they would reply in 48 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Back to my saga, stupid pool is still filling up, right at the very bottom of the skimmer, so close. Actually not the pool that is stupid, slow stupid well pump. I hate the waiting but don't want to take any measurements until I have the pump running and it is close to full. I threw a leaf in the pool hoping it would help burn off some FC, it was painful doing that one leaf though. I was thinking you could get a bunch of people to pee in the pool, that would burn off FC wouldn't it. :)

My water pressure here is slow too which is a pain., and I was on a well once also and it too dragged along. I use to get so mad attempting to water my garden, which in the country was huge because the water was like the cartoon character Slow Poke Rodriguez.

LOL on throwing the one leaf in the pool. That poor leaf will never be the same. It will be a nice shade of white probably when you remove it.

And as far as the community pool pee party, whether it burns off chlorine or not, lol the thought of it is just Gross.

If it weren't for messing up my TFP method, I'd be all for putting that tattletale stuff in that when they pee they end up with a big green streak coming from them.
LOL That would teach em to Not pee in my clean pool.

Anyway, holler back when it gets full if you need any help, or have any questions. We're all floating around here somewhere. Hopefully the water add will get that chlorine way down for you so you can get that pH adjusted for the weekend. Have a nice night.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.