Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What do you think of this pool?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Chrisman, Illinois (East Central Illinois)

What do you think of this pool?

It makes me feel really nervous. I don't think I could do more than dangle my legs in the water. What if it started leaking, or the ground shifted beneath the buildings. What if, what if...???

Glass-Bottomed Pool Looks Like the Most Nerve-Wracking Way to Live a Life of Luxury - Yahoo Homes
    27' round Seaspray Evolution, AG, 17,100 gallons, Pump: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Dual Speed 1.5 hp, Filter: Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter, June 18, 2014, Kreepy Krauley Lil Shark, TF-100 test kit, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What do you think of this pool?

Ummmm, not so sure about this photo.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Looks fishy, but would be cool to swim in.
    23,000 gal IG Plaster 1989
    Purex Triton FNS Plus DE Filter Model FSNP 60
    1 Hp pump, Polaris 380 w/booster pump
    700 Gal Spa
    Laars Lite Heater T-F 100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

For real or not, it makes me lightheaded and my stomach flip.
    Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

5. Back To Top    #5

It's proposed, not built yet. All it says is that it will have a clear bottom. There is one somewhere (NYC I think) that extends from a building...
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

The Joule Hotel in Dallas has a pool that extends from the building. Nothing like that though.
    Free form 17X30. 14,500 Gal. Pentair sand filter and 1.5 hp pump. Aqua-Rite SWCG. TF-100 Test Kit w/Speed Stir

7. Back To Top    #7

Is the "Verge" where this picture was shown, the same as the "onion" and satirical, filled with half truths?

8. Back To Top    #8

I saw that too, and it makes me nervous. I'm nervous standing on the clear floor in the Sears Tower!
    16 x 28 Doughboy Mystic Garden AGP with 7' deep end (used expandable vinyl liner) ~11,800 gals. Deep end main drain. Thru-the-wall skimmer, one return at deep end. Media Master 150# sand filter. Doughboy PowerPak II pump, 1 hp. Pentair MinimaxCH 150m natural gas heater. Polaris 65 when it feels like working . TF-100 test kit. No longer 'pool stored' 5 years and counting. In sunny but fickle metro-Detroit.

9. Back To Top    #9

Uhmmm. No thanks!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

10. Back To Top    #10

From all accounts, the planning for this is real. London. Not really that much different than infinity or cantilever pools high above cityscapes. I think it would be wicked to see, although I'm not sure I'd have the guts to go in it from the standpoint of opening my eyes and looking 100+ feet straight down.
    Central TX / 12K GAL / IG / SWG / DE filter / Pentair SVRS & 3 swim jet pumps / Spa bench and jets / Single body of water / No heater.

11. Back To Top    #11

Looks way cool, but I doubt the finished pool will look like the artist's representation. They will need a way to keep splashing water and people from going over the edge. And I bet cloudy water will become an issue.

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

Nope not me, with my luck I'd get in the middle of it, and someone would throw a rock at it, or something.

ThomasG lol they'd only get cloudy water if they aren't using the TFP method .
    24' Round x 4.5 ft deep AGP (15,200 Gallons), Vinyl Liner, Hayward Vari Flo XL Sand Filter- (model SP0714T1),
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, SLAM & the Chlorine/CYA CHART. Support this Site! TFP Totally Rocks.

13. Back To Top    #13

In the Industry

Imtoo young to die in a pool!

14. Back To Top    #14

It would have to have like a 3ft thick acrylic bottom to keep from breaking once it had an inch of water in it.
    30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by jagger2005
    The Joule Hotel in Dallas has a pool that extends from the building. Nothing like that though.
    Yes, and I've seen that one up close in-person. Here's a good shot of it: The Joule Hotel Pool - 30 Cool Swimming Pools From Around The World | Complex! Would swim in the Joule Hotel pool but not so sure about the one shown at the top of this thread (OK, maybe a quick dip...).
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

16. Back To Top    #16

I would pass out from the height..no swimming for me there.
    Cornelius 15 Round , Semi Inground, TF-100 Test Kit, Speedstir
    Hayward 2 Speed Pump Swimpro 150 Cartridge Filter
    Pool Rover S2-50, Maytronics Solara Heating System

17. Back To Top    #17

The Grand Canyon has that glass bottom that juts out into the canyon. Probably similar principle.

I think that would be way wicked to swim across!
    ----Chris----
    25k IG/Spa Figure 8, 18x36, Pebble Sheen Blue Granite, Sta-Rite S8M150 Cartridge Filter, Pentair 460805 400k BTU Heater & 011018 IntelliFlo VarSpd
    Liquidator, Fafco Solar Heat, Polaris PB460 Booster Pump w/280 cleaner, Katchaleaf Cover, TF100 Test Kit, FAKE MAIN DRAIN