Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: San Diegan

1. Back To Top    #1

San Diegan

Hello everyone!

My mom's pool needs some rehabbing, new equipment probably, and I need some input.

I think it might be best to just start a new thread about it though. (?)

I found this forum when googling some questions that came up along the way, what a great resource.

I will probably have some questions that seem quite elementary, and may not understand some of the jargon and abbreviations that the pool experts sling around.

Hope I am not wrong in my impression that this forum is open to average homeowners, and not just pool professionals ?

Thanks !

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: San Diegan

Hello and welcome to TFP! While you're looking around the forum, please make sure you take time to order the proper test kit from TFTestkits.net. I have the TF-100 w/ speed stir and highly recommend it. Everything we do here is founded on proper (user) testing - not strips to the pool store. You'll see why later.

Welcome to the forum!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: San Diegan

Welcome Albert. 99% or more of the people on this forum are homowners who just want our pool to be clean and efficient and do it in the most econimical way possible.

You will learn a lot here.

Quote Originally Posted by albert436 View Post

Hope I am not wrong in my impression that this forum is open to average homeowners, and not just pool professionals ?

Thanks !
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!