Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump timer and SWG question

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump timer and SWG question

In my jacuzzi saniclear 20 instruction, it says the adjustment is the % of time the unit will run.

If the unit is set to 40% when the pump run 24 hours a day, does it mean that if I set it at 60% and the pump run 16 hours a day, it will have the same result?

Also it won't impact the cell life since I'm running it for the same amount of time per day?

Am I correct?

Thank you
    -pool 12X24, 11000 gallons, -1-1/2" plumbing, with 2 return, 1 skimer and 1 pool drain, -the pump is 25 feet away from the pool, -Pentair strarite supermax vs, -55000 BTU heat pump, -Hayward sand filter, -jacuzzi saniclear 20 SWG, -No elevation for the pool equipment, sit on level ground

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Pump timer and SWG question

it seems like every manufacture is differant... That would make sense, is your SWG wired so when your pump comes on the SWG comes on also?

Some SWG come on a percentage of time x so many hours... IE: 50% of time in 3 hours, the unit runs 1.5 hours at 100%..... another is the unit runs 50% of output and runs whenever the pump is on...
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pump timer and SWG question

Quote Originally Posted by cowboycasey View Post
    it seems like every manufacture is differant... That would make sense, is your SWG wired so when your pump comes on the SWG comes on also?

Some SWG come on a percentage of time x so many hours... IE: 50% of time in 3 hours, the unit runs 1.5 hours at 100%..... another is the unit runs 50% of output and runs whenever the pump is on...
    The SWG stop when there is no flow and resume when there is. I red the instruction manual, but it's not really specified. I guess I will have to do some testing.
    -pool 12X24, 11000 gallons, -1-1/2" plumbing, with 2 return, 1 skimer and 1 pool drain, -the pump is 25 feet away from the pool, -Pentair strarite supermax vs, -55000 BTU heat pump, -Hayward sand filter, -jacuzzi saniclear 20 SWG, -No elevation for the pool equipment, sit on level ground