Low PSi maybe

How about any changes in valve settings?

1380ken, the OP changed only the motor and if it wasn't wired properly, it would not run. Also, a motor change would not change PSI.

Okay thanks, so if you changed the motor from a 1 hp to a 3/4 hp there would be no difference? Also some motors have multiple wires so they can operate on different voltages. It is possible to wire some motors incorrectly.

Okay thanks, so if you changed the motor from a 1 hp to a 3/4 hp there would be no difference? Also some motors have multiple wires so they can operate on different voltages. It is possible to wire some motors incorrectly.
The pump wet end determines the performance of the pump, not the motor. If you put a smaller motor on the same size impeller, the motor will overheat and shut off and/or burn up. The motor must be always sized big enough to support the wet end.

Also, it is true that you can wire a motor incorrectly, but it won't operate that way very long (seconds) before tripping either the breaker or the thermal limiter switch. So you usually know right away if the motor is wired incorrectly.

I had my neighbor look at it. He use to work with pools for a living agrees thinks it is performing as it should. He does agree though pressure is low. I don't know what to do though. I will see how pool cleans pool in the next few days. I hate to break it down and haul it back to store. Then what?? Oh he did put his hand in front of return in pool and gauge moved. The psi is always on zero. Very frustrating.

Yes it was now at zero it is one speed low.
I don't understand this. A one speed pump is the same as high speed of a two speed pump. So are you saying you have a one speed or two speed pump?

Also, you said in your first post the old pump was at 9 PSI and now the new pump is at 4 PSI but now you are saying it is 0 PSI.

Please be as clear as possible and spend some time/text on explaining exactly what the situation was and is now. Assuming of course you are still interested in help.

Old Pump PSI = ??

New Pump PSI = ??

Any change in new pump PSI = ??

Again sorry for the confusion. The pump has one speed. The psi is at zero now. The PSi was at four on this new unit the first night. The reading now is 0. It seems to be working 0k. The skimmer is working so as you stated earlier if that's working it should be okay. You can consider this thread closed. Thanks again

Just as a follow up to this from last summer. I hooked everything back up just as I did last year when opening the pool for the summer this year. The good news is PSI back at 10 and outflow pressure came back up to what I had before. I think I just did not have the filter sealed properly after replacing the pump last summer. The trouble was I never saw any air bubbles in the system. I know I broke everything down last year at least once and reconnected it and that did not solve issue last summer. My advice is if you have low pressure and don't see air bubbles keep at it air is getting in system somewhere even if you don't see it.

It could also be that the pressure gauge was slightly clogged and not registering the pressure correctly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.