Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Y'all!!! I'm scared!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Y'all!!! I'm scared!!

It's here!

Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Y'all!!! I'm scared!!

Nothing to be scared of. You've made many, many recipes that were far more complex and difficult to execute.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Your cover photo is much newer than mine! And your reagents too... I need to order a full refill next spring.

The instructions are easy to follow. CYA test is the only one that takes a little effort to master.

Did you get a SpeedStir?
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

4. Back To Top    #4

You got me. I thought there might be a snake in your pool or some other such thing!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

TF-100? You were supposed to get the TF-1000! Bwwahaaa. Just kidding. Piece of cake. Ask questions as needed.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    TF-100? You were supposed to get the TF-1000! Bwwahaaa. Just kidding. Piece of cake. Ask questions as needed.
    I panicked for a second! Hahaha

Should I do the Chlorine and pH or don't bother since it's just started?
    Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

7. Back To Top    #7

Yeah, you were supposed to order the TF-1000. No worries, I'll give you $10 for the TF-100 you ordered so you can send it to me and you can order the correct kit.

BTW, I wish I could have a cool tattoo like that when I was a kid...
    15'x35' IG 16,500 gallons w/attached raised 18" spa continuous coping w/underneath spill and ledger stone wrapped, NPT mini pebble aqua blue w/2x pigment & abalone shell finish, 2"x24" travertine coping, 3x Jandy Color LED lights (2 in pool), Jandy Flo Pro 2HP VS pump, Jandy LXI (low NOx) 400K BTU heater, Jandy CL460 cartridge filter, Jandy AquaPure Ei SWG, Jandy Z4 automation with iAqualink and remote poolside PDA, 1,300 sqft Belgard Catalina paver deck with drainage, fire pit that matches the spa with travertine coping and wrapped in ledger stone, Elitewood insulated patio cover, Vinyl gates, back vinyl fence coming soon...
    TF-100

8. Back To Top    #8

Where do I go to compare my results to what is acceptable? I'm feeling anxious about this stuff! Lol

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by jv92red View Post
    Yeah, you were supposed to order the TF-1000. No worries, I'll give you $10 for the TF-100 you ordered so you can send it to me and you can order the correct kit.

BTW, I wish I could have a cool tattoo like that when I was a kid...
    Ha, I didn't realize he snuck into the pic

10. Back To Top    #10

Run a full set of tests on everything and post them up. We;ll tell you what you need.

Here are the recommended levels and the FC/CYA chlorine chart.
    Pool School - Recommended Levels
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

And you will need to learn how to use Pool Math
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

And here is a link to the ABC's which explains a little bit about what stuff does.
    Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

11. Back To Top    #11

If this is your first standard time testing (not SLAMming), do all the tests per the instructions to get a feel for them. For the most part, you'll be doing the FC, CC, and pH the most. TA about once a week or so. CYA and CH not as much if there's no large water exchanges, but definitely test them now so we know how everything looks. No need to take water anywhere to compare. No one else will be as accurate as you - except perhaps another TF-100 owner.
    So you can show us your:
    FC
    CC
    pH
    TA
    CYA
    CH
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.

12. Back To Top    #12

YouTube videos showing how to do the tests is HERE

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

13. Back To Top    #13

Hey Amanda,
    did your PB tell you how many gallons of water is in the pool? We are gonna need to know that in order to help you out efficiently. Pool Math will require it. If he did, add it to your sig.

If he didnt tell you, then tell us about how long and how wide at the widest point your pool is we can sort of estimate it.
    Divin Dave,

14. Back To Top    #14

Pool is 14,180 gallons

On the cya-the dot never went away. What does that mean?

15. Back To Top    #15

So on the K1000 will I need to do the yellow side?

16. Back To Top    #16

TFP Guide

don't need to do that one, since you did the other one.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

17. Back To Top    #17

Our pebble sheen indicated not to SLAM/Shock over 5ppm for 30 days. Just a FYI not to start to Slam with new plaster.
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System

18. Back To Top    #18

You'll want to raise pH to about 7.2. PH can be raised in three ways: borax, soda ash, and aeration. Borax is usually the best choice. Borax raises the PH and also raises the TA level just a little. Borax is available as 20 Mule TeamŽ Borax Natural Laundry Booster. FC needs to be increased with regular bleach based on CYA. But since your CYA dot never went away, we assume you have next to zero stabilizer. Soooooo, add granular stabilizer (via the sock method near a return jet). The Poolmath calculator can help you figure out how much to add. Here in TX, I would start for now with at least a target CYA goal of 40.

For today/tomorrow, try to keep FC at about 2-3, then over the next few days slowly increase it to about 5-6 ppm.

A CC (combined chlorine) level of 1.5 means you have some organics in the water. That may require a SLAM in the future if not kept under control quickly. But one thing at a time. Let's try to get you comfortable with the basics and that new kit.

- - - Updated - - -

Whenever you get confused about what to add/use, refer to this link: Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals.

19. Back To Top    #19

You dont have to, but I would recommend that you do, so you can see how it works and get your eyes used to the yellow colors.
    The yellow side measures Total Chlorine, which is your FC + CC. So, on the yellow scale, it should be about 3.

Quote Originally Posted by amandahein3 View Post
    So on the K1000 will I need to do the yellow side?
    Divin Dave,

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    You'll want to raise pH to about 7.2. PH can be raised in three ways: borax, soda ash, and aeration. Borax is usually the best choice. Borax raises the PH and also raises the TA level just a little. Borax is available as 20 Mule Team Borax Natural Laundry Booster. FC needs to be increased with regular bleach based on CYA. But since your CYA dot never went away, we assume you have next to zero stabilizer. Soooooo, add granular stabilizer (via the sock method near a return jet). The Poolmath calculator can help you figure out how much to add. Here in TX, I would start for now with at least a target CYA goal of 40.

For today/tomorrow, try to keep FC at about 2-3, then over the next few days slowly increase it to about 5-6 ppm.

A CC (combined chlorine) level of 1.5 means you have some organics in the water. That may require a SLAM in the future if not kept under control quickly. But one thing at a time. Let's try to get you comfortable with the basics and that new kit.

- - - Updated - - -

Whenever you get confused about what to add/use, refer to this link: Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals.
    Thanks for the info. I can't touch the pool for about a month per my contract. So I'll just test and see what they are doing. Lol

The testing was fun, felt like a mad scientist!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast