Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What Color is Your AGP Deck?

1. Back To Top    #1
    TFP Guide
    Central PA

What Color is Your AGP Deck?

I am going to stain my AGP pool deck soon, not sure what color I want to use. Here is what the deck looks like:

I also plan to stain the deck attached to our house the same color, though they aren't in the same area. I need some inspiration!

These are the post caps/ solar lights we added after I took the last photo. They are copper colored.

26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

2. Back To Top    #2

Fallsburg, NY

Re: What Color is Your AGP Deck?

Samples | Armstrong Clark Stain I went with sierra redwood after ordering a bunch of samples and testing them out (they'll credit your sample order to your final order)
    8638 gallon 20'x52" Intex ultra frame round AG. 2650 gph Intex Sand Filter. Intex krystal Klear SWG. (newer model that includes copper ion generation) Hayward 1091LX skimmer, Kreepy Krauly lil shark. Taylor K-2006 w/speed stir and sample sizer. New this year, Intex PureSpa - dichlor-> bleach method for sanitizing.
    New pool, 16'x36' (approx 18000 gal) in ground pool, Haywood DE filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Oakbank, Canada

Stain always peels and wears off up here, so I use Thompsons Water sealer instead.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

4. Back To Top    #4

Montville NJ

Mine is two tone - Dark Brown and Tan - both are sold color stains. Tan on the deck, and dark brown on steps railing, and support structure. I stain the deck (the tan) each spring. It takes about an hour and a half and $30 worth of stain. I could go a couple of seasons between staining, but I like the way it looks, and it is cheap and easy enough. The dark brown seems to last forever. I believe the tan is Behr and the dark brown is Flood. I can dig around in the garage and get the actual colors if that interests you.

I can't tell if you bought real copper caps or not. But unless you are looking to develop the green copper patina, plastic caps, and a can of copper metallic spray paint are a LOT cheaper.

27' Round ABG (17,000 gal) - +/- 11 hours of full sun per day
    Hard plumbed Hayward Perflex EC-40 DE filter w/ 1 HP pump (Got a new one June 2015)
    Filered 4 hours per day (on a timer)
    Pentair Aqualuminator - now working - and now dead once again, this time for good.
    Zodiac Wahoo

5. Back To Top    #5
    Nanaimo BC

On the West Coast most use either Sikens or Thompsons.