aqualink with pda-ps4 combo not fully controlling jandy lx...

So the heater works - when the filter pump is on, the heater will fire if the water temp is below that which the heater thermostat is seeking based on my settings. As a manually operated/analog thing, that's fine.

but... we have the jandy aqualink with the blue pda-ps4 type COMBO running firmware 3.0 for pda and jbox and handheld.

So I have a problem/question - the other night I set the POOL temp to preset 86 on the pda AND on the heater LCD display, and also preset the spa temp in both places to 101. My kid went in the spa with her friends, and then when they were done, handed me the control back. On the pda, I enabled pool mode, and the pump and servo/valves acted correctly, so I assumed all would be fine. (i wanted it to filter all night)... and went to bed, letting the pump run all night to clean the pool before next day party. I assumed the temp would only rise to the temp indicated for pool since the pda was in POOL mode for filter pump and also set to pool heat ena/on. I didn't think to double check that the heater LCD display was left on spa mode -- because I thought the pda/aqualink would control it.

I was wrong.

In the morning, the pool temp was 101... kind of a huge waste of gas.. cant wait to see the bill.

The heater is semi-autonomous it seems ... it comes on only when I toggle the button on the heater face panel itself to either the spa or pool setting (and then it reacts correctly to the water temp it senses - either firing up or not). If I leave it toggled "off", it won't come on no matter what the pda says it's doing -- the pda won't override (another word for control) the heater face settings.

to be extra clear at the risk of redundancy:
IF the pda is in pool mode, and I switch on POOL HEAT, and the toggle button on the heater control panel has been pushed until "pool" on is indicated, then the remote will switch the heater on if the water temp is below 86, and won't if it is above that.

SO: How do I get the heater to be fully slaved to the pda, so we don't have to walk across the yard to where the equipment is and push buttons to activate either pool or spa heat and have it match the temps we want.

AND we don't want the last spa-user to have to remember to go to the heater unit and manually switch it back to "pool" after using the spa. Right? We want it to work so that when the system switches on in the preprogrammed automatic mode (set now for a couple hours around noon every day to maintain proper pool water temp), the heater responds to the PDA instructions correctly just like the filter pump and valve servos do.

Thats the point of the remote, isnt it?

I downloaded the manual, but there is nothing about how to set the LX heater to "listen" to the remote when you are using pool and spa settings, even though it is all clearly provisioned to do this. H0574200.PDF

help?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.