Fatty/Greasy above the waterline

Aug 14, 2015
Arnhem/Netherlands
I have a question.

I have some Fatty/Greasy feeling above the waterline.
And if i wipe on it then (see the picture) it wil [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Curls unther the finger[/FONT]
The spa is 6 monhts old, and i have it from the first week.

I have clean the spa for 2 week ago (aqua clean tab) then refil.

Thanks.

Yes, I have been there and know it can be hard or impossible to get some things... I am not sure if something else could be used...

Dibbler (Yes) i put every day ca 8/9 gram Dichloor after soaking.
And now i have use Dichloor 1 week, i change to Bleach 25/30 ml each day.

My Fc chloor is never to zero.

Kias,
I have send them a mail, i have also contact with the CEO from the company, i,m waiting.

Edwin,

My first spa I had for about 5 years before discovering this site, I had similar slime problems above the waterline, since finding this site and understanding chlorine little more, I now just use 12.5% pool chlorine, dispensed into a graduated ketchup/PVC bottle, After using the Spa, depending on the use I squirt 100/150ml in, this gives me a FC of approx. 8 such a small body of water needs a bit more help to get rid of oils/sweat etc.I have an ozone generator in which chews up FC anyway, I struggle to maintain FC.
I doubt 2/3ppm FC will clear it up, try more FC, you have CYA in there its not going to hurt.

Simon

You can use AquaFinesse Spa Clean instead of Ahh-Some.

If you haven't used the spa clean, do that first. Then see if the problem still occurs with the Dichlor-then-bleach method. If that doesn't remove the oils fast enough you can see if you can get a scum ball to absorb them from the surface of the water before they get to the spa surfaces. A scum ball is just a floating material that adsorbs oil.

Ok thanks Chem geek.
I had contact with the distrubituur from ahhsome, but there is a little bio killer in it and for now it is forbidden in the Netherlands.
But they working on it, and maybey November it is for sale in the Netherlands.

I have use Aqua finesse spa clean tab but it is not strong enough.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OK thanks for explaining. Yeah, Ahh-Some is pretty awesome. I'm glad they are looking at figuring out how to get it into the Netherlands later this year.

As for surface oil, you could also use an enzyme product in the spa but here again I don't know what's available in the Netherlands for you. It would be temporary because most people don't report this problem after using Ahh-Some. There may be a small amount of skin oil when people use the spa, but what you describe sounds like more than that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.