Blue Eco pool pumps

Jan 26, 2013
I am looking at reducing the power consumption of my pool which currently has a 1.5hp 3 phase pump pushing through a sand filter. The pool water volume is about 110 cu metres.
I have come across these pumps which claim tremendous savings and better filtration as you can run them for 24 hrs on just over 200 watts.
Has anyone on the forum had any experience with these pumps for swimming pool use as they were originally designed for pond pumps.
here is the link Blue Eco Filtration | Pool Filtration

I am not familiar with that brand of pump, but I run my VS pump most of the time between 1,000-1,200 rpm at a current draw of 100-135 watts.

Your pump is probably not 3 phase. Its likely 230V 2 phase.

Have you considered a 2 speed pump? A 2 speed pump on low speed can move 1/2 the water for 1/4 of the electric energy costs.

Also, Variable pumps are extremely energy efficient. I also run my Variable Speed pump at about 1100 RPM and the power consumption of 115Watts and that is less than the Blue-Eco claim.

I also had not heard of HDDF Filtration or know what HDDF Filtration is, so I googled it.
The 2015 Pool & Spa Show

Blue Eco Hydro Driven Drum Filter ("HDDF")
The Blue Eco HDDF is the first rotary drum filter that’s powered by water. The Blue Eco takes RDF filtering to a totally new level of efficiency and reliability by doing away with the motors, water sensors, water spray pumps and electrical controllers.

As it turns out, its Rotary Drum Filtering. So I googled that too.
This type of filtering does not offer any advantage over regular pool filter systems if the chlorine levels are maintained relative to the CYA level, as it should be.
Rotary vacuum-drum filter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sound like more hype than anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.