So anyways I have been battling for a while to get my pool pump to actually get a decent suction and have it perform properly, so far it seems the previous owner never really cared about the pool, this is just one of many problems I have found so far.
So eventually I decided it was time to strip down the pump to see if there was anything obvious that could be causing me issues.
So lo and behold when I got to the diffusor it looked to be pretty well knackered.(picture below)
I guess this picture is a good example of what happens when you get cavitation in your pump for extended periods and plus it probably ran dry on the odd occasion.
These are they joys of buying a house with a pool and hoping nothing is wrong with it
So the new part is on the way, and here is hoping this time it may actually fill up the pump weir more than half way, and then it will probably be back to playing suction leak air detective.