Polaris 360 and filter pump. Will work?

carlx

Aug 19, 2015
Rio
Hello guys. I read this forum for a while learning a lot about taylor kit but I've made my registration just now.

So, I'm from Brazil but last month i was in NY and bought the Polaris 360 at there, since it doesn't ask for a boost pumper.

But today I've tried to install it and it didn't passed the initial pressure test, when u use your thumb to test it.

My filter pump has 1/2 hp.

Do you guys know if that power is enough to run the polaris?
Or that's enough and I'm doing something wrong ro run it.

Really thanks guys!

Did you follow step 2 and go through their suggestions when you fail the pressure test? You may need to work with the other return ports in your pool in order to boost the pressure to the port where you are connecting the 360. It doesn't need a booster pump but it does need 'sufficient' (no clue what that is) pressure to work properly.

Thanks Agent99. I'm really ashamed man.

I don't have an return at the side of my pool. I have a drain. So that would never work :(

I think i had that mistake since i understood Polaris would use the pool drain to collect duties, but now i see it has his own bag for that, no need for the pool system.

I'll made some modifications in my pool in order to Polaris works.

Really thanks for your help bud.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.