Hi there long time lurker- with a pool rehab story to tell

Sep 20, 2014
MI
Hello everyone I have been lurking for about 2 years or more now, a few years back I bought a repossession with a 1980's gunnite pool, plan was to decommission the pool and build a garage; due to the building methods and strength of gunnite pools it quickly became apparent it would not be cheap to remove. We were convinced by a contractor to rehabilitate the pool, we started down that road and quickly got into the weeds.
I am at the point where tomorrow I am going to fill my pool and start the process of building my backyard around my pool. I am kind of hesitant to post what i have done after seeing so many beautiful pics of finished pools, but i feel my project is far enough along that it will make an interesting thread. In the last couple of years we have taken quite a few pics (I know everyone like pics), so it will be an interesting thread; I am located in Michigan region so I am in a cold winter region. I just wanted to say hello before I begin to post my pool re-hab journey. I feel the "under construction" section will be a good place to post.

Just as an intro I though I would post a couple of pics of what i had to start with; as you can see from the pics I had a very neglected gunnite pool to deal with.

RM