Sj45 circupool having issues

Apr 27, 2015
china grove,nc
Recent swg conversion this may with a new unit from discountsaltpools. Everything has been working well up till this week. Started getting a light on the alert panel. And isn't producing chlorine or bubbles in the cell. I removed the cell and cleaned it per the manual this past weekend. And still getting the light on after a few hours of use. Everything is in balance with the pool with tfp guides. Holding 10psi at the filter and cell is full with no air bubbles. Salt is a little high at 3400-3500ppm. I don't know what else it could be unless it's cell or control board related. Any tips or help would be great. Really hope it isn't a sign for up coming issues as it has been painless since the conversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My SWG often throws out a "High Salt" reading to me which I know is wrong because I test my salt with the Taylor's K-1766 kit. I ignore the light and it goes away.

But to test your SWG production- are you able to maintain your initial FC level (usually raised with bleach or other methods and then allowing the SWG to take over)?

Can you collect a water sample immediately out of the return into your pool and test that- it *should* show a higher FC than the rest of the pool if the SWG is working.

Recent swg conversion this may with a new unit from discountsaltpools. Everything has been working well up till this week. Started getting a light on the alert panel. And isn't producing chlorine or bubbles in the cell. I removed the cell and cleaned it per the manual this past weekend. And still getting the light on after a few hours of use. Everything is in balance with the pool with tfp guides. Holding 10psi at the filter and cell is full with no air bubbles. Salt is a little high at 3400-3500ppm. I don't know what else it could be unless it's cell or control board related. Any tips or help would be great. Really hope it isn't a sign for up coming issues as it has been painless since the conversion.

Mine just had the same exact error yesterday and no chlorine added in 7 hours of run time.. raised the FC to 6 with bleach and did an OCLT and had 6fc at night and 6fc in the morning with SWG on all 7 hours... Called yesterday and will be calling them from home today.. they want me to send pictures and see if something inside the SWG is wired wrong..

I called Discountsaltpool yesterday and they gave me the number for SGS, the company that makes it..

I just checked and it is still creating chlorine this morning, so its been running 4 hours.. I have no idea what is happening...

Mine just had the same exact error yesterday and no chlorine added in 7 hours of run time.. raised the FC to 6 with bleach and did an OCLT and had 6fc at night and 6fc in the morning with SWG on all 7 hours... Called yesterday and will be calling them from home today.. they want me to send pictures and see if something inside the SWG is wired wrong..

I called Discountsaltpool yesterday and they gave me the number for SGS, the company that makes it..

I just checked and it is still creating chlorine this morning, so its been running 4 hours.. I have no idea what is happening...

how long have you had yours? mine has been installed since may of this year(2015)

I bought mine in may also but just installed it and put it into use 3 weeks ago... hmmm, I wonder if there was a run of some RJ45's that were wonky...

just got off the phone with discountsaltpools and he wanted me to try to add salt to the system and see what happens, I will give this a shot and see what happens... even though I don't believe that will fix anything, as my level is already on the higher side

just got off the phone with discountsaltpools and he wanted me to try to add salt to the system and see what happens, I will give this a shot and see what happens... even though I don't believe that will fix anything, as my level is already on the higher side

well the SJ have a salt level of 3000+ and the other SI and RJ have a salt level of 2800 to 4500..

I am at 38/3900..

I double checked the salt level last night and got a reading of 3600, I added a bag of salt and see if it helps today, the unit seems to work until the end of the cycle with less then a hour left on the timer it throws the triangle alert light.... I have it coming on at 10am and going off at 8pm then have it come on from 2am to 4am at night

just got of the phone with SGS.. we went over all connections and found nothing that looks bad.. they are sending a new cell to see if that works or fixes it... we will see...

Well I thought my problem was gone but still seems to be present. I added two bags of salt and the level is 4000 now and still get the error light. Looks like I have it norrowed down to anything above 50% on the controller it will throw the error light. Which I am unsure it is has ever worked correctly as I have always had to have it on a high percentage to keep the cl level even before I was using a timer.

My levels are all fine with the tft test

Cya 70
Ph 7.4
Fc 8
Cc 0
Ta 80

The unit is a 45k and my pool is 22000 gallon. I seen others with different systems only having to use 25-50% to keep the levels. I have to run mine for 12hours at 75% to keep around 8fc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I will try to test again tonight, I have 14000 gallons and have changed it to run 8 hours at 100% to keep it at 7 FC.. I was at 50% at 8 hours and it was dropping 1 fc a day... water is still balanced and clear...

When I say keep it at 7 I test at 0600 in the morning and it is 7FC... at 9 at night it will be at 4 FC

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.