Best chemical brand

OK, so I am sure that this question has probably been asked before, but I am curious if anyone has a "go to" brand for their chemicals? I live in Grand Rapids Michigan, and there are a few different pools stores around here, but the closest is Leslie and Acme Pools (private owned). Leslie obviously sells their own brand, and I usually go to them because their prices are usually fairly good, but I'm curious what everyone else does. I was looking at amazon to see what their prices were, and just got a little overwhelmed with all the brands. The main things I am looking for is powdered shock and tablets. I know that tablets put CYA into the pool, but seeings we only have our pool open May-September, we do not have the issue with it, as we have to empty a good part out anyways, so the CYA stays low enough not to bother it. I also like buying the powdered shock in the buckets, as it seems to be cheaper AND the pool shed is way out back, so the less trash I have to worry about, the best! Thanks for your input!

Just make sure the tablets are mostly pure trichlor. No zinc or copper or anything else added. Wouldn't bother with powder shock, liquid chlorine is as cost effective without adding calcium or CYA.

Whether you are using tablets or not you don't need to regularly shock if you are maintaining proper FC levels.

From my HTC One via Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.