Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Circupool SI45+ cleaning stand

1. Back To Top    #1

Circupool SI45+ cleaning stand

Has anyone put together a homemade cleaning stand for a Circupool SI45+ to cap one side of the salt generator when cleaning the inside of the cell with muriatic acid? I believe the Hayward units have the same thread pattern.
    24k gal. / Plaster Pool / Hayward DE filter / 1HP pump / CircuPool Si45+ SCG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Circupool SI45+ cleaning stand

Sorry for the delayed response.

I just cleaned my cell by putting duct tape on one end (got the idea from another member). Held well enough for the few minutes it had to.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

While I didn't try to make anything, I can confirm that the hayward stand fits, as that is what I bought and use.
    17.4k gallon IG pool with attached spa (spa itself is 730gal), Super Blue Diamondbrite plaster, Circupool SI-45+ SWG, BH/Hayward Cartridge Filter, 2hp 2speed Hayward Super II pump, , Jandy Valves, Waterway Skimmers, Rheem 400k Heater, Polaris 360 cleaner, built 2000+-, replastered June 2015, TF-100 kit---Here's my pool test reading history

4. Back To Top    #4

I was unable to match the threads, but I have an extra cap that will work if I glue something to it to cover up the hole.

But the way I clean is soak, blow out what I can with a garden hose, the soak some more, rinse, repeat...

I suppose I could pour the acid mix back into the bucket, but the less acid fumbling, the happier I am.
    SWG: CircuPool (May 2014) SI30+Plus; 3000ppm seems ideal;
    My Ideal Specs:
    FC 5; PH 7.4-7.6; TA 90; CH 350; CYA 75; = SI ~ 0.19
    14,000 gal, in ground, plaster, Cartridge filter, Borates
    TAYLOR K - 2006

5. Back To Top    #5

I just use duct tape and an old plaster bucket. After the cleaning I just dump the acid in the pool. Btw, I usually add a couple cups every 10 days anyways. So nothing gets wasted
    ~Matt~ Radiant Metric 24'x52" 14k- built into a slope. CircuPool Si-30 SWCG. Jandy 200 SqFt cartridge filter. Pentair Optiflow 2-speed 1HP pump. Wanda the Whale. TF-100 Test Kit. Hard Plumbed.
    My Build w/ lots of pics