Going Away For A Week - Just Completed a Successful SLAM - How to Preserve the "win"

GregoryRG

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Scituate, RI
Going Away For A Week - Just Completed a Successful SLAM - How to Preserve the "win"

I just completed a SLAM cycle. Now we are going away for about 7 days. I sure as heck don't want to have to SLAM again. Here's what I thought would be appropriate:

1. Before we go, bring the pool back to SLAM levels
2. Max out SWG run time (12 hours in my case, cannot adjust percentage)
3. Cover (leaving room with floats for filter/pump system to operate appropriately.

My rationale for covering it is to keep stuff out and preserve FC. I know CC will build up and not out-gas as much (if at all).

With it covered (it's opaque) should I worry about building up too much FC with the SWG going. I am concerned about losing power or throwing the GFI breaker, which would leave me without SWG for the week (or some portion of it), hence, SLAM level FC before departing.

Is this a reasonable approach?

Thanks,

Re: Going Away For A Week - Just Completed a Successful SLAM - How to Preserve the "w

That all sounds reasonable trending towards overkill. I often leave for a week at a time and just add a little muratic acid before I go. My pool is pretty "dialed in" so I haven't had any issues. The SWG is a wonderful thing. If bringing the FC up some adds to peace of mind then do it. If the pool passed the tests for the SLAM you shouldn't have any issues.

Re: Going Away For A Week - Just Completed a Successful SLAM - How to Preserve the "w

Thanks. I'll dial it back some!

- - - Updated - - -

why add the acid - to keep the pH from floating up? Strangely, my pH drops with time - all other chemistry numbers held constant!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.