Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool/Beach/Tropical artwork for the pool house

1. Back To Top    #1
    SW Indiana

Question Pool/Beach/Tropical artwork for the pool house

One end of the screened in part of our pool house has a blank wall. Currently white, but I am flexible about what color it's going to end up. Standard doorway on one side, but there is a 9ft wide by 8ft tall uninterrupted section. Above that, the wall continues up to 13 or 14ft as it meets the underside of the 5/12 pitch roof.

So I've been thinking about some art or decoration for that wall. The wall is out of the weather, but still subject to moisture from our high humidity so I'm looking for something designed for the outdoors. Some ideas I've had:

Using wood to make a window on the wall with a painting/poster of a tropical beach scene behind it. I'd have a window sill where some tropical knick-knacks could be placed to add to the effect. Maybe two windows depending on the sizes. Something like 687a2f97a0671db0d3360ae819d2f488.jpg only the outer window frame would be real.

A tropical scene made by cutting silhouettes out of wood and painting them then attaching to the wall. Maybe some surface carving of textures.

A scene painted directly on the wall. I'd need help here, because art is not my thing.

Something like metal-wall-art.jpg Only each square would be cut out of wood and painted a tropical color with some fish or other small wall hangings on some of the blocks.

Most murals I find aren't very tolerant of UV light or aren't intended for damp environments.

Any new ideas?
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool/Beach/Tropical artwork for the pool house

I think a mural behind the feaux window is a great idea.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3

Northeast Alabama

On a trip one time, we stopped at a unique little outdoor cafe for lunch. Every building they had on the property had a mural on the outside and some had inside as well. She said they used because they could upload their own pics to be made into murals. Wish I had taken some pics to show you.
    33 Round AGP, 26K gal, vinyl liner, 1 HP single speed pump, 1 Hayward wide mouth skimmer, Pentair sand filter, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Red Leopard Orbit suction auto vac, Pool School, TFTestkits, PoolMath, Support this Site!

4. Back To Top    #4

"...chemistry is not an exact science" -Mario Andrada, Rio 2016 Olympics spokesman
    21' x 52" Radiant Metric Round ~10K gal AGP with Hayward S180t pump/sand filter.
    Caldera (Watkins) Martinique 340 gallon installed in basement, Bromine and ozone.
    Taylor K-2006 test kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

No pool house art yet, but it's looking good from the outside so far

10,000 gallons freshwater, IG plaster, cartridge filter
    1.5 HP pump, 2006
    Pureion Wave water management, Pentair Kreepy Krauly suction cleaner
    TF-100 test kit drywall repair