Gidday from New Zealand

Aquaclear-NZ

In The Industry
Mar 29, 2009
Auckland - New Zealand
Hi ya folks
i have been involved in the New Zealand pool industry for most of a my life ( i began working in pool shops form the age of 15 as school holiday jobs)
i own a distribution company in New Zealand that sells a complete range of pool products dealing with industry members. however we do not export and do not sell retail

i hope i can make a valuable contribution here at TFP as i am not out ot push a personal agenda or sell any products and will give an un-biassed opinion based on what i know

I have a lot of experience in heating, hydraulics, chemicals (balancing) and specialty problems, lighting and filtration, and run regular industry training sessions in these topics.

look forward to seeing you all around here

thanks guys......
while i would ove to admit to having a pool at home, i ripped it out last year and put in an irrigation system and a lawn instead due to the pool only being used one in 3 years to wash the dogs....
I also live 5 mins drive from the nearest beach, and have the entire hauraki gulf on my back doorstep with a boat.......

we do have 2 water features, and have just ordered a new cedar hottub

however we may have a few different ideas down here , and slightly different ways of doing some things, so fingers crossed, i can make some valuable contributions for you all :)

Welcome to our little corner of the 'net! We do have some other southern hemisphere members here.
However, most are Australian. We seem to have members from just about all over the world.

Welcome to the forum! I was browsing your site a little and two things immediately caught my eye. First was the pump that uses a DC motor. I've never seen that before. All pool pumps here in the states(that I know of) run on A/C current. Is there any advantage to DC over A/C in a variable speed application?

I also noticed the Viron gas heater. It claims up to 97% efficiency which is much more than most of them here. I noticed that it was a condensing unit, very smart. We've got them all over in furnaces achieving those efficiency numbers, but I've never heard of a pool heater using that technology.

Seems like you guys might be a few paces ahead.

Adam

Please let my add my Welcome to TFP!!

I too have been in the pool industry the larger portion of my life and love having another 'insider' to both bounce questions off of and give any answers/ opinions I may be able to provide.

It's also great to see another member here from outside of the USA :goodjob:

launboy said:
Welcome to the forum! I was browsing your site a little and two things immediately caught my eye. First was the pump that uses a DC motor. I've never seen that before. All pool pumps here in the states(that I know of) run on A/C current. Is there any advantage to DC over A/C in a variable speed application?

I also noticed the Viron gas heater. It claims up to 97% efficiency which is much more than most of them here. I noticed that it was a condensing unit, very smart. We've got them all over in furnaces achieving those efficiency numbers, but I've never heard of a pool heater using that technology.

Seems like you guys might be a few paces ahead.

Adam

The newer variable speeds are 3-phase DC motors. The drive on top of the Pentair or on the wall for the Tristar converts the incoming 240v service to 3-phase.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support